Frequently asked questions have been categorised into the topics located in the FAQs menu:
Event information sheets, including the Terms and Conditions, can be downloaded from the Info Sheets page.
If the answer is insufficient for your enquiry please Contact BQ.
- What are the entry procedures?
To ensure your participation on ride day, please enter before the close of online entries.
- Enter online at b2gc.bq.org.au/enter (closes Wednesday 3 October 2012)
- Fill out an Entry Form and post to: PO Box 5957, West End Qld 4101 (must be received by 5pm, Wednesday 3 October 2012)
- Enter in person at the Bicycle Queensland Office, 28 Vulture Street, West End (close 5pm, Wednesday 3 October 2012)
- What are the Terms and Conditions of entry?
Santos GLNG Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge - Terms and Conditions
Download the complete Terms and Conditions from the Info Sheets page. You must read and accept the full Terms and Conditions to enter the event.
- How much are the entry fees?
See the Prices page for further details.
- What does the entry fee include?
- Entry into the event
- Free finishers T-shirt
- Food and drink at the two rest stops along the way
- Full route support marshals, signage, police, mechanics, medical
- Exclusive access to the South East Busway for the first 15kms
- Finish site entertainment
- Entry in the prize draw
- Can I enter now and pay later?
Payment is compulsory when entering. Entries without payment will not be accepted.
- Are there any refunds?
Unless noted otherwise an 80% refund will apply to full or partial cancellations received in writing (email or fax acceptable) at the office of Bicycle Queensland by 5pm on Wednesday 3 October 2012. Entry kits received before this date must be returned to Bicycle Queensland before the event in order to receive the refund. No refunds will be given after this time and no alterations will be permitted. There are no refunds for non starters or non finishers. N.B. When a participant registers online or via postal entry form, they accept the terms and conditions of entry.
- Can I transfer my entry?
Entries cannot be transferred from one entrant to another.
- What is in the Rider Kit and how do I collect it?
The Rider Kit contains your bike bib, wristband and twist ties.
Each entrant who enters by Friday 21 September 2012 will automatically be sent their rider kit in the mail. Entries received after Friday 21 September 2012 must be collected in person from the Bicycle Queensland office (28 Vulture Street, West End Q 4101) between 8.30am-6pm on Wednesday 3, Thursday 4 or Friday 5 October or on the morning of the event from 4am at South Bank.
If you enter in time to receive your kit in the mail, it should arrive to you by Thursday 4 October. If you do not receive your kit by this date please contact the Bicycle Queensland office on 07 3844 1144 to arrange a new kit.
- Are their age restrictions?
Children under 14 are not to pilot their own bike on the event. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied on the event at all times by an adult.
- Does everyone have to enter?
Anyone pedalling is required to enter separately into the event and have their own rider bib; this includes anyone on a tandem rear and tagalong bike. Children under five years old not pedalling do not need to enter, however, will not receive food or merchandise.
- Is there a maximum capacity for the event?
Yes, the limit is determined by how many riders we can safely pass through the Busway within the time limit allowed so be sure to get in early to secure your spot.
- How do I order merchandise?
SCODY are again the offical clothing suppliers of the Santos GLNG Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge. Orders can be made at the same time as entering the event (until 4 September 2012) or separately through the SCODY Website until 7 September. To preview the 2012 jersey, knicks, cap and waterbottle please visit the Merchandise page.